Purchase orders help you have greater control of your inventory management & parts warehousing needs. The most important step of the purchase order is receiving the ordered parts and instantly making those parts available for you or other users.
To Receive parts on an open purchase order:
1. Click on the Purchase Orders module icon on the left side of the page.
2. Open the chosen active Purchase Order.
3. Click the Receive Shipment button.
4. Click the Receive All button. Review to confirm the received amounts and costs are correct - document any exceptions.
5. Confirm the receiving date is correct, and change if necessary.
6. If desired, you may enter the Packing Slip # and the Invoice # in the appropriate field.
7. Click the OK button.
Stocked parts quantities are instantly updated upon receipt of the ordered parts on the purchase order.
Non-Stock parts quantities will not be affected by a purchase order, but the cost will still be recorded as an expense.
If you need to undo or make a correction to a purchase order that already has some parts received, you may do so by removing the shipment.
8. To delete a shipment, click on the Receiving tab.
9. Move your cursor over the previously received shipment entry, and click on the Delete button at the end of that line.
Useful Information and Links:
Other Articles you may find useful:
Lightning Purchase Order module overview Click Here