Purchase orders help forecast your Inventory needs, suggest parts to be ordered, and maintain your stocking levels. Purchase Orders also allow you to update parts en mass, rather than being forced to make adjustments one part at a time. This module will make a big difference in your managing your inventory requisitions.
The following are the steps to create a new purchase order:
1. Click on the Purchase Orders module icon on the left side of the page.
2. Click on the New Purchase Order icon.
3. Fill in the required fields.
- Who you are ordering for (Warehouse)
- Who you are ordering from (Vendor)
- Who is paying for the parts (Budget)
4. Click on the Create & Open or Create Purchase Order to save your PO, and proceed to add the items needing to be purchased.
5. Click New Line Item to search for & add parts, labor, or other costs. Confirm quantity and price.
6. Click the Save button.
To receive the parts & update your inventory levels:
7. Click the Receive Shipment button.
8. Click the Receive All button. Review the date & received amounts are correct - document any exceptions, then click OK.
9. Complete the purchase order.
Stocked parts quantities are instantly updated upon receipt of the ordered parts on the purchase order.
Non-Stock parts quantities will not be affected by a purchase order, but the cost will still be recorded as an expense.
Useful Information and Links:
Fields * indicates a required field.
*Warehouse: The warehouse that the purchase order is delivered to. To override the default setting, click the Warehouse field list, then select the desired warehouse.
PO #: A unique purchase order number. The PO # is either automatically generated or you create it yourself, depending on how the purchase order module is configured in the module settings. You cannot use a purchase order number that has already been assigned.
*Vendor: Vendor assigned to the purchase order. If the vendor you want is not listed, you must first create a vendor record before you can generate a purchase order.
*Budget: Budget that the purchase order is assigned to.
*Status: The current status of the purchase order is displayed in the top left corner of the page. To change, select the appropriate status in the bottom right corner of the page.
*Sales Tax: The sales tax used for this purchase. The initial sales tax setting is the default value from the selected vendor. To override the default setting, select NO TAX or a custom value created in the Vendor Module Settings.
*Date: Date of the purchase order. To override the default date, type a different date in the field or click the calendar icon in the Date box.
Ship To: Name of the entity, the item is being shipped to.