You can define minimum and maximum parameters that an Asset log must fall within. When a Parameter has been exceeded, a warning is generated to alert you of the need to change a value. To set up Log Warning Parameters for an Asset:
Regardless of the Parameters you set, a Log Entry warning is created if a reading is lower than the previous Entry. This only applies to a Metered Log Type.
This article applies to + Professional and + Enterprise.
1. Click on the Modules tab, then click on the Logs icon in the ribbon on main page.
2. Open the desired Log Record by double-clicking on it that you wish to Set Parameters on.
You may select the Asset category from the Selection list. For example, if you want to create Log Parameters for a dump truck, you would select vehicles from the selection list. All the active Assets with the selected Asset category display in the Logs window.
3. In the Settings snap panel, click on the Update icon.
4. Type a value in the field that you want to set a Parameter for. For example, if the gas tank for a truck holds 30 gallons, you may want to set the Maximum Value Parameter to 30 gallons. If, when the gas tank is filled, a value of 35 gallons is recorded, a Log Warning is generated.
Log Warnings are enabled per Log Type. Not all log types have warnings available.
You will need to specify the Budget and Warehouse that the Inventory is consumed from if applicable.
5. Click on the Save icon to finish with the Log Parameters.