Adding labor to your Work Order is an integral part of completing your Work Order. Posting and tracking your labor is an important feature of the Work Order. Labor can also be added by clocking in and out of the Work Order.
This article applies to + Basic, + Professional, and + Enterprise.
Labor hours, rate, and other elements in this field will not be posted until the Work Order is complete.
1. Create a new Work Order or open an already existing Work Order.
If creating a new Work Order, all required fields must be filled in and then saved before you can proceed to Step 2.
2. Select the Labor field, found on the bottom ribbon.
3. Click on Add Labor.
4. Select from the drop-down menu titled Contact the user whose labor is being added.
To learn how to add or edit a current user, see article “How to Create and Edit Users”.
When you add a contact, the labor rate field is automatically populated with information from the contact record, however, you can override this rate if needed.
5. Select from the drop-down menu titled Service what type of work is being done.
6. Select from the drop-down menu titled Labor Date the date the labor was performed.
By default, the current date will auto-populate in this section. If another date is needed, select the correct date from the calendar pop-up when clicking the drop-down menu.
7. In the section titled Hours, enter in the amount of time the User used to complete the word order.
8. On the Budget tab, click the most appropriate option from the drop-down menu.
For more information on budgets, please check out our Budget webinars.
9. Select Save Edits when all relevant data has been entered, and your labor input will be complete.
Useful Information and Links:
Useful Links to Related Articles:
To learn more about the Definitions of Fields in a Work Order, click here.
To learn how to Create a Work Order, click here.
To learn how to Add a Service Item to a Work Order, click here.
To learn how to Re-Open a Work Order, click here.
To learn how to Change the Work Order Default Status, click here.
To learn how to Add a Hyperlink to a Work Order, click here.
To learn how to Copy a Work Order, click here.
To learn how to Customize the Current Status Lookup in the Work Order Process, click here.
To learn how to Add an Attachment to a Work Order, click here.