The warranty sub-tab is only active for asset components (serialized parts). You can add general warranty information for a component to its inventory record on the warranty tab. When a component is installed on an asset, you can add the serial number or warranty code for that specific component to the asset.
This article applies to + Basic, + Professional, and + Enterprise.
1. Start by clicking on the Modules tab, then click on the Inventory icon on the main ribbon.
2. Create a new inventory item or open an already existing inventory item from your inventory list.
If creating a new inventory item, all required fields must be filled in and then saved before you can proceed to Step 3.
3. Click on the Warranty tab on the bottom ribbon section.
4. After clicking on the Warranty tab, you can select either Date Based Warranty or Log Based Warranty
If Date Based Warranty is selected, you will be allowed to enter in the length of time in Days, Months, or Years.
If Log Based Warranty is selected, you will be allowed to enter in the length of activity based Miles, Hours, Tons, Temperature, Tread Depth, Fuel, Data Usage, and Down Time.
5. You may add any additional information or notes about the warranty in the Warranty Notes section. When completed, click on the save button on the bottom of the Warranty Notes section.
Useful Information and Links:
Useful Links to Related Articles:
To learn how to Add a Part to Your Inventory Manually, click here.
To learn how to Import Inventory Items, click here.
To learn how to Create an Inventory Item Manually, click here.
To learn how to Add an Image to a Part Record, click here.
To learn how to Store Barcodes in an Inventory, click here.
To learn how to Manage Notes to a Part Record, click here.