Installing a component to your asset can be easily done by following these few simple steps:
Components, or serialized parts, are larger parts or accessories that may be installed or removed from an asset. They are tracked using serial numbers for warranty purposes. Components must be in the primary warehouse of the asset's entity before they can be installed.
This article applies to + Basic, + Professional, and + Enterprise.
1. Click on the Modules tab, then click on the Assets icon on the main ribbon of ManagerPlus.
2. Create a new asset or open an already existing asset from your desktop computer.
If creating a new asset, all required fields must be filled in and then saved before you can proceed to Step 3.
3. Click on the Components tab.
4. To install a component, click on the Install Component icon.
5. You will have chance to do one of the following:
- To add one component to the asset, select the component, then click on the OK icon at the bottom of the pop-up screen.
- To add more than one component to an asset, you can select multiple by either holding down the CTRL on your keyboard and selecting the components individually, or you may select multiple by clicking on the first component, then holding the SHIFT button and selecting the last component (doing so will select all the components in between the two selected), then clicking on the OK icon at the bottom of the pop-up screen.
- To add a new component (one that does not have part record), click on the New icon, specify the information for the component, then click the OK icon at the bottom of the pop-up screen. For help on adding a component from the New icon, see the article entitled, How to Add a Part in the Part Lookup.
If you need to modify the install date, you may do so, otherwise, it will default to the current date.
The warranty date is calculated based on the installed date.
You will want to verify that the Deduct from inventory check box is checked to ensure that the item is properly deducted from your inventory.
6. Enter the component serial number or appropriate warranty number or click the N/A check box if not applicable.
7. When the appropriate information has been entered, click on the Install Component icon to continue.
For instructions on how to edit the component install date, go to Step 9.
For instructions on how to replace the component with a different component, go to Step 10.
For instructions on how to delete a component, go to Step 11.
8. When all information has been correctly entered, click on the Save icon on the top of the screen.
9. To edit a component, click on the Update icon on the right-hand side of the screen, then enter in the desired information.
10. To replace the component with a different component, click on the Replace Component icon on the right-hand side of the screen, then enter in the new component and subsequent information.
11. To delete the component, click on the Delete icon on the right-hand side of the screen, then click on Uninstall Component.
Useful Information and Links: