Adding hundreds of assets one by one can be very time-consuming. That's why ManagerPlus has made importing assets simple with our in-app import tool. This article will teach you how to import your assets.
1. Select the Modules tab on the ManagerPlus main ribbon, then click on the Assets icon in the main menu.
2. Click on the Assets Grid icon located on the right side of the screen, then choose Import from the pull-down menu.
3. Click on the Download Sample File and enter your asset data.
Use this properly formatted CSV or Excel file to populate your asset information. Please do not add any additional sheets or columns as the additional data will not import.
4. Follow the In-App Import wizard.
If you are using the ManagerPlus Enterprise Edition, select which entity the assets belong to before uploading the CSV or Excel file.
Click upload and select the CSV or Excel file with your asset data from Step 3. Click next.
If you have not renamed any of the columns then it should complete mapping automatically. If you rename or change the order of the columns please make sure the data is mapped appropriately. Click Next.
Import Tab - The Import tab shows you data that will be imported. Cells that are highlighted indicates the data in that cell is not currently a choice in the in the pull-down menu of that field. The data will be added to the pull-down menu if it is not changed.
Error Tab - The Error Tab will show you the data that will not import. You can hover over the data to get an explanation why it won't import. You can click on the cell to change the data.
Once you have made changes, click Import. All data in the import tab will import, all data in the error tab will not import.
Useful Information and Links:
- Asset ID: This identifies the asset. Every Asset ID must be unique. Example includes: Truck 001, Truck 002..etc
- Description: Short Description of the Asset. Example includes: 2017 White Chevrolet Silverado
- Asset Group: Group your assets by location, department, function.
- Asset Category: Categorize your assets in the broadest way. Example includes: Vehicles, Heavy Equipment, Facility.
- Asset Type: Categorize your assets in a narrow way. Example includes: Trucks, Compressors, Forklift.
- Budget Group: The Group that the Default Budget belongs to
- Default Budget: Identifies which budget the asset belongs to for financial reporting.