This process cannot be done from a mobile device.
Entering in depreciation information about your assets is an important feature for you to utilize. ManagerPlus allows you to track the depreciation information on an asset to help you manage them appropriately.
Click on the Assets tab on the main ribbon of ManagerPlus.
Create a new asset or open an already existing asset from your desktop computer.
If creating a new asset, all required fields must be filled in and then saved before you can proceed to Step 3. If you need help on how to create a new asset, see article, Creating an Asset Manually.
Click on the "Depreciation" tab.
Enter in the appropriate information into the fields provided. Below are the definitions and explanations of each of the fields in the Depreciation section of the Asset.
ManagerPlus calculate the Depreciation per Month, the Accumulated Depreciation, and the current Net Value of the asset using the Straight-Line Depreciation Method. Accumulated Depreciation and Net Value are updated on a monthly basis.
Description of Fields:
- Purchase Date: This is the date the asset was purchased.
- Sold Date: This is the date the asset was sold.
- Purchase Cost: This is the amount of money that was paid for the asset.
- Useful Life (In Months): This is the number of months the asset is expected to be useful.
- Salvage Value: This is the amount of money you expect to retain from the asset.
- Depreciation Per Month: This is the amount per month the asset will depreciate.
- Accumulated Depreciation: This is the amount the asset has depreciated over its lifetime.
- Net Value: This is the value of the asset after the accumulated depreciation.
- Straight Line Depreciation Method: This is the depreciation method used for the asset.
Once the information has been added into the appropriate fields, click on the Save icon, and the 3 auto-populated fields will then be filled in, and your work is complete.