Creating a new asset is simple. This article has step by step instructions how to manually create a new asset.
This article applies to + Basic, + Professional, and + Enterprise.
If you want to complete an Asset Bulk Import click here
1. Click on the Modules tab on the main ribbon of ManagerPlus.
2. Click on the Asset Icon, then click on the New Icon.
3. Enter the required fields and any additional fields you may have information for, click the Save Icon when finished.
Useful Information and Links:
Field Descriptions *Required field **Required field and available selections in the pull-down were created prior.
- *Entity: Determines which entity the asset belongs to. This field is for "Enterprise" editions only.
- *Asset ID: This identifies the asset. Every Asset ID must be unique. Examples Include: Truck 001, Truck 002..etc
- Description: Short Description of the Asset. Example includes: 2017 White Chevrolet Silverado
- Parent Asset: Connect smaller assets that belong with a larger asset. Example includes: Generator thats connected to a large vehicle.
- **Group: Group your assets by location, department, function.
- **Category: Categorize your assets in the broadest way. Example includes: Vehicles, Heavy Equipment, Facility.
- **Type: Categorize your assets in a narrow way. Example includes: Trucks, Compressors, Forklift.
- **Budget: Identifies which budget the asset belongs to for financial reporting.
- **Status: Identifies what the status of the asset is. Example includes: Active, Inactive, Sold, Unavailable..etc
The following fields are not required but can be used to provide more information about the asset for reporting.
- Model, Serial #
- Vendor, Customer